Renew FSSAI Food License in India
An FSSAI certificate is thus the sole most significant license which is essential for food business operatives in India. All the eligible food operators like manufacturers, transporters, distributors, retailers, etc are also required to have an FSSAI license before the commencement of the business. But, it is not essential only receiving an FSSAI certificate, in fact, it is equally important in order to renew FSSAI Food license from time to time.
The validity of an FSSAI license extends from 1 to 5 years and it depends upon the number of years which is chosen by the food operator. The charge of the certificate thus increases with the number of years applied for. Thus as per the Food Labelling Requirements, you would need to apply for the renewal of the license within 30 days of the expiration of the existing one.
If however the renewal application is not filed within this time, then a penalty of Rs. 100 would be charged for each day of delay. Thus if the registration of the renewal of a license has not been applied for within the specified time, then the license is thus considered as expired and it is thus the business operator who also has to if his business activity is at the premises. The business operator then has to apply for a new license if they wish to restart their business. So, it is sensible in order to Register your Food license at the time in order to avoid penalties
The process of renewal of the FSSAI license is thus the same as the process of application of the FSSAI license.
Procedure to Renew FSSAI Food License:
Filling the Form A /Form B: The Form A or Form B is thus required to be filled which is based on the eligibility of the Food Operator. These are the basic forms consisting of the business activities of the Food Operator which are required to be filled along with the self-attested declaration that you are required to comply with the guidelines of the Food Safety and Standard Act. A photo identity proof such as an Aadhar card, driving license, voter ID card, passport etc is also required to be attached.
Confirmation: On provision your application, the formations would then inspect it and it could also arrange for an inspection at your business premises in order to make sure that you have disclosed all the information and it is submitted correctly.
Completion: After successful inspection of your business proceedings, if they are satisfied, then they issue a license in your favor.
Getting the License: The license should then take not more than 60 days to reach you. If more than 60 days have passed and if you have not received the license, then you can resume your business without waiting for any further notice.
Validity and Renewal of Registration and License
- A Registration or certificate decided under these Rules shall be lawful and existing, except otherwise specified, for a period of 1 to 5 years as chosen by the Food Business Operator, from the date of issue of registration or license subject to remittance of fee applicable for the period and compliance with all conditions of the license.
- Any request for the renewal of a registration or certificate decided below these Regulations shall be made in Form A or B of Schedule 2, as the case may be, not later than 30 days prior to the expiry date indicated in the license.
- The Registration or Certificate shall continue to be in strength till such time that the orders are passed on the FSSAI renewal application which in no case shall be beyond 30 days from the date of expiry of registration or license.
- Any regeneration request filed outside the period stated under Regulation 2.1.7 (2) above but earlier the expiry date, shall be accompanied by a late fee of Rs 100 per day for each day of delay.
- Any Registration or license for which renewal has not been functional for within the period mentioned in Regulation 2.1.7 (2) or 2.1.7 (4) above shall expire and the Food Business Operator shall stop all commercial activity at the premises. The Food Business Operator will have to apply for fresh Registration or license as provided in Regulation 2.1.1 and 2.1.3 as the case may be if it wants to restart the business.
- Food Business Operator consuming valid documentation of a credited food protection auditor or from an agency accredited by Food Authority or any other organization notified by food Authority for this purpose will not be normally required to be inspected before renewal of license.