Find out detailed information about FSSAI License for Transporters
When it comes to public nutrition, a lot of factors need to be kept in mind. One of the major factors that require due consideration is the distribution and transportation of food and drinks. These food items need to be carried from one place to another, mostly from the place of manufacture and processing to the place of consumption. If the transportation system doesn’t work effortlessly or breaks down due to some reason, it can result in malnutrition, famine or illness. Thus, it is very important that this aspect of public nutrition is well taken care of. The transporters have been brought under the purview of FSSAI License so that their job is well regulated and managed.
FSSAI Food Transporters License
In order to operate in the country and transport a variety of food and drink products across the length and breadth of the country, the transporters have to acquire FSSAI Food Transporters License. This License consists of three main components. These are-
- Transport Infrastructure that includes vehicles, airports, vehicles, ports, roads and rail transport.
- Technology pertaining to food handling and various regulations related to storage and warehousing and refrigeration.
- Depending on demand and varied requirements, adequate supply, and source logistics.
Why acquire FSSAI Food Transporters License?
It has been made mandatory for the food transporters to acquire an FSSAI registration or license. This is to ensure following safe practices of food transportation and necessary certification. It is imperative for the food transporters to follow stipulated safety guidelines in order to acquire a food transportation license. They need to ensure compliance with FSSAI rules and regulations. This not only helps in developing but ensuring good hygiene practices that are followed in manufacturing premises.
Is acquiring an FSSAI license mandatory for Transporters?
The objective of making food license acquiring mandatory for food transporters was to create awareness and knowledge among the consumers about the safety of the brand they are using for consumption. The transport owners need to acquire this mandatory documentation so as to continue their business operations and functions in a hassle-free and smooth manner. Once GAP audit has been conducted, a standardized transporting level is followed.
Is FSSAI License applicable only to the food transports?
Many people are not aware of the applicability and coverage of FSSAI Food Transporters license and as such, they don’t know if it applies to all people. Suffice it to know that this license applies to all who are into manufacturing, distributing, and storing food. It also applies to street food vendors and restauranteurs. Whether they are a small operator or a medium to large operators, it applies to all.
The Procedure of applying for FSSAI License
If you wish to know more about the procedure through which you can apply for an FSSAI license for transporters, continue reading further.
- To begin with, it is important to understand that if you are a transporter, you need to only one license to operate and the license would be used for all the vehicles that are being used for a single business.
- If you are applying online, visit the FSSAI authorized site and open the Home Page. Take the cursor to the Registration/license tab and choose to Apply for Registration/license from a drop-down menu.
- Another page will open and you are required to fill appropriate details in an accurate manner. Next, you need to click on Yes if your business premises is located at the airport or seaport of specified cities and No if it doesn’t.
- If your business operations enjoy a presence in a lot of states, select yes and if operating only from one location, select No.
- Select the category of business you are engaged in. Depending on the category chosen, check the turnover or capacity so as to determine the eligibility for that category.
- If you are working from multiple locations, you will need to acquire a separate license for every location. In case, you are working from more than one states, you will have to apply for a central license as well as a license for every state where you have your operations.
- After making all these selections, you can click on Proceed. As soon as you click on Proceed, you will be directed to a new page where you need to select the type of business you operate for State or Central license.
- Automatically, a license category will be displayed. Click to apply on each against the license category.
- You need to apply for Single Central License for all businesses in case you are applying for Registered/Head Office in addition to other businesses in two more states.
- After the completion of a pre-check procedure, you will be directed to the Central Licensing Page if you come under the purview of Central License category. Here, you are required to fill an application form as per the Food Safety and Standards Act 2006. As soon as the application is duly filled, click on save and next.
- With this step, a new part of the application will appear on your computer screen. Here you have to fill details like food processing unit, and a variety of relevant business details.
- The form needs to be filled very carefully and only the generic names need to be filled. The food products you are mentioning in the form must be approved as per the FSS Act 2006.
- New products can be easily added by clicking on select food category.
- Care should be taken while filling up the information as it will reflect on your license.
- Once all the details have been filled in, you need to make payment on the payment page. It is totally safe and secure gateway.
This procedure may be long and draw out but includes all relevant details about the business and ensures quick acquisition of a Food License. Once this license is obtained, the operators can work with a peace of mind.