FSSAI License in Mumbai
FSSAI stands for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India and it is a regulatory authority formed by Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 which is looked over by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
The objective of the FSSAI is to ensure that any and all food that is manufactured, distributed or sold in India is safe for consumption. In order to complete its objective, the FSSAI requires all food-related businesses to either register with FSSAI or get a license from them. FSSAI registration in Mumbai regulates the manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and the import of food items and hence it is mandatory for all the Food Business Operators (FBOs) in order to obtain an FSSAI license in Mumbai.
Who can Apply for FSSAI Registration in Mumbai?
- The Food Business Operators (FOB) like small to medium-sized manufacturers, storage units, transporters, retailers, marketers, distributors etc. are however required to obtain the FSSAI State License.
- The Food Business Operators (FOB) who are having the annual turnover of between 12 Lakhs to 20 crores require State License.
- Form B is the FSSAI License form to be filled by the FOB while applying for FSSAI State License.
How to Apply for FSSAI License in Mumbai?
The procedure for FSSAI License in Mumbai as same as Delhi, which is following:-
- Visit the FSSAI website and click on Sign-up and FBO’s are required to have a valid personal e-mail ID and mobile number which should be kept active.
- Make a unique username which is not already registered with the site and after filling up the form click on Register to complete the sign-up process.
- An online account will be created with FSSAI, once sign-up is successful and one will get a message ‘account successfully created.’ via SMS and via e-mail too.
- This user ID is valid for 30 days so make sure you apply online within 30 days or this user ID will be disabled after 30 days.
- Open the page with the username and password created and fill the details in the Online Application Form.
- On successful submission of application, the system will generate a Unique Reference Id for the application.
- Take a print out of the “Acknowledgment” and “Online Application Form” and attach the Demand Draft for the fee (if payment mode is Demand Draft) and supported documents (Refer Document Checklist above) required as part of the application and submit the application to your State Authority or Regional Office of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India, within 15 days from the date of submission of application online.
- One can track the progress of the application for Registration or License with the help of the reference number.
- Once the application is approved a 14-digit FSSAI Registration number is provided which consist the information about the manufacturer’s license or registration details, and the manufacturing state.